Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Need your advise.

945 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  cfehrenb 
#1 ·
Judy and I are planning on some cobra drives this summer. Need advise on a car cover when it stays out over night. Water proof, fits tight. Will not blow off. Does not take up to much room in the trunk.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mel & I have a "old style" MKI tonneau cover and also a WeatherShield HP soft cover for whole car when we travel over nite. WeatherShield take up very little space in the trunk (about the sz of a soft football?) lol
hth
Butch

#4 ·
Look at AZ or Advance, etc for theirs. Find the size for a Miata. They usually have 3-4 grades of covers so one may work for you.

#5 ·
Consider looking at Car Cover World. They make a cover to fit the FFR, you can find it in the Specialty Covers Category. Many of us have purchased the Weathershield cover. I use mine as a general purpose cover in addition to its ability to protect in wet weather. Car Cover World often has sales, right now they have 10% off plus free shipping. These covers are not cheap, but custom fit and quality are worth it.

Alan

#6 ·
X2 on the custom cover from Car Cover World, Dover, DE. Fits like a glove. I bought the Weathershield HP. It's been in heavy rainstorms, parked overnight at hotels, etc. and the car has always been dry and in good shape afterwards. The material is pretty thin and it rolls up into a relatively small bag. Fits easily into a corner in the trunk. As mentioned, not cheap but in this case I think you get what you pay for. I also got the locking cable that goes underneath, for security and also to keep it from blowing off. But it fits so well it's probably really not needed.

#7 ·
3X on Car Cover World Weather Shield HP

Great cover! Takes up very little space in the trunk. Fits like a glove. One word of caution: During an overnight before track days at Mid-Ohio, it rained, and the next morning there was a foot of water making a pool over my interior. The cover DID NOT LEAK THROUGH! We bailed the pool out, and the interior was dry. So, now I put a pole in the middle during overnights....just in case it rains again.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.