Hey Miller - Page 3 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Junior Charter Member

Captain O ring and da Bat

Free paint job got my attention! However, in studying this challenge/ discussion I think I know how the 2 Jeffs' have worked this out. I'll bet the Captain "O rings" are sterile, or at least sanitized, to be used on da Bats box "O" wine containers. That way the Captain is reimbursed for the design and additional applications of the O rings, and da Bat doesn't spill any of the "vintage" wine while in the cave. You both do fantastic work and this continuing post keeps me laughing.

Irwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Cobra Colorist

HEY! Irwin,,, (I CAN TELL YOU PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT IN TO THAT{like way too much} ) Are you a technical writer cause I think I had to follow some directions that seem very familiar to your writing style......never did get that thing together !and remember,,, I only throw guano at people I like...da Bat

Drink me handsome and take me home....Bartender, I'd like to buy the little lady a drink...better make it a double.
post #63 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Not a waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
What really needs to happen here, is a contest to see which of the Jeff's can give the BEST free paint job.
I can't afford to play in that contest. Hell, I lose money on every paying job and have to make it up with volume---by my way of looking at it if I lose $X times1 on one car then if I can lose $X times 2 on two cars it's only half as bad... I think.... maybe not... I wasn't ever very good at ciphering... starting to think that maybe I've been going about this all wrong... if I'm losing money on paying jobs then it would stand to reason that I could turn a profit on free ones...let me run through the numbers again and get back to you guys...where did I leave that slide rule anyway?

Captain O

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #64 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Captain ......, remember that you do this because you love it, its your hobby, you know, the thrill of victory and the satisfaction of knowing you are helping so many people with their money pit.

In reality I would bet that you just do it for beer money, the homes you build in your spare time is what pays the bills.

And by the way, slide rules are way too complicated. Calculators are easier.

Sooner or later, the paint fumes are gonna get ya. Look at the BAT.
post #65 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:11 AM

Yeah
thats it
Bat man and the boy wonder ( aka captain o-ring ) do this because they love it.
Its not about the money.
hell who needs the money?

The Traveling Builder
717-599-9232 Wanda for scheduling

post #66 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:04 AM
Cobra Colorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKleiner View Post
I can't afford to play in that contest. Hell, I lose money on every paying job and have to make it up with volume---by my way of looking at it if I lose $X times1 on one car then if I can lose $X times 2 on two cars it's only half as bad... I think.... maybe not... I wasn't ever very good at ciphering... starting to think that maybe I've been going about this all wrong... if I'm losing money on paying jobs then it would stand to reason that I could turn a profit on free ones...let me run through the numbers again and get back to you guys...where did I leave that slide rule anyway?

Captain O
GOOD GRIEF O-RING !!! You got your Tech writing skills from Irwin ????? All you have to say is "I buy high,,, sell low....and make it up in volume"...nuf said. The verbage around this place is OFF THE HOOK !......btw, see how I stabbed poor Irwin in the back again....my new bestest punching bag.....I mean pal.... Hey kleiner, I need to increase the range on the guano cannon to get Irwin. You take this BFH, I'll hold the aiming pin and when I nod my head...You hit it with the hammer.....THE PIN ! DON'T JUST STAND THERE......GET ME SOME ICE that's gonna leave a mark........

Drink me handsome and take me home....Bartender, I'd like to buy the little lady a drink...better make it a double.

Last edited by j.miller; 02-12-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: none of yo damn bizzness
post #67 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:45 AM

Good Grief..... Just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, There really is a "Captain O Ring".

Featured Products
post #68 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:56 AM

Paint

I was going to pay but since your handing out paint, I am in...when should I come on out?
post #69 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Cobra Colorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
Good Grief..... Just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, There really is a "Captain O Ring".

Featured Products
WHAT, YOU THINK I JUST MAKE STUFF UP ?ok, I got lucky on that one.

post #70 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Not a waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
...The verbage around this place is OFF THE HOOK !.....
I've been negotiating with the forum administrators to start getting paid by the word like my friend edwardb. Once I do that the money is going to start flowing around my place like water...or beer.

O

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #71 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:27 PM
FFCars Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post

Featured Products
Oh my…..custom rubber
post #72 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:49 PM

You would think that as long as jeff K has been Captain O-ring, he would have been promoted by now. You know, Major O-ring...

Whatever, I guess.

I have been enjoying this thread! It was as Bill Murray said in Stripes: "Now I know why I have lost women to guys like you. It's not the uniforms, it's the stories you tell ... Lee Harvey you are a madman! I want to party with you cowboy, you and me together, forget it!"

Regards,

Steve
post #73 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Cobra Colorist

Quote:
I've been negotiating with the forum administrators to start getting paid by the word like my friend edwardb. Once I do that the money is going to start flowing around my place like water...or beer.

O
EdwardB GETS PAID BY THE WORD ???..Get a firing solution for Lake Orion MI and hit em with two rounds....the wet stuff....Irwin, you got a promotion to "sargento"(it's an Itallian cannon)...Get me an Arnold Palmer "sargento" then sit back and enjoy..."da Bat"

post #74 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
You would think that as long as jeff K has been Captain O-ring, he would have been promoted by now. You know, Major O-ring...
Good point. Kinda brings up the question of whether he's like a Captain in the army, or O3, or a Captain in the navy, or O6.

Given his huge stature and importance in the FFR community I'd have thought the latter.

So then the next step would be Admiral O-ring. That sorta has a nice ring (pun intended) to it, don't ya think?

FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.
post #75 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:12 PM

I'm only replying so that this thread knocks "Is this an FFR" out of the top spot in the "Most Popular Discussions" list.

BigUgly

FFR 6760 Mk 3.1 Fortes Dart 427, TKO 600, 3.55 3 Link Solid Axle
post #76 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Craftsman

George Clooney was the worst Batman...
post #77 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Not a waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
If it's all the same to you guys I'll just stick with "Captain". I have been referred to as "Major" before but that it was always followed by "A hole" or "Pain in my a$$" which kind of tarnished it. 'Course that was by old girl friends, exwives (not Wendy Peffercorn though ) and bosses so I'll just be satisfied with the lower rank and less hostility. Promotions are over rated anyway---I spent 12 years with General Motors in their Engineering Test Labs without a promotion (I think my record still stands ). What does "insubordination" mean anyhow?

CAPTAIN O ring

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #78 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

I'm all in on knocking the "Is this an FFR" thread out

Amazing how threads about nothing at all go bonkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUgly View Post
I'm only replying so that this thread knocks "Is this an FFR" out of the top spot in the "Most Popular Discussions" list.

BigUgly

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands
First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
post #79 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:30 AM
Cobra Colorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
Amazing how threads about nothing at all go bonkers.
Known as the "Seinfeldian Effect".....not that there's anything wrong with that.

post #80 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Junior Charter Member

Both Jeffs

Getting promoted to "sargento" sounds pretty "cheesy" to me. That's enough to drive me "Batty", so to speak. If you are trying to hit me with your guano cannon fire, Captain O ring must have had artillery experience, or is the rank in some other branch? Either way I'm going to start wearing my hi top sneakers to deal with the increased level of BS (excuse me, its guano) on the floor. Happy Monday.
Irwin
post #81 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Cobra Colorist

Don't let it go to your head....It's only a field promotion. "Arnold Palmer" STILL WAITING !!

post #82 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Not a waxer

Irwin, Funny you should mention artillery experience considering the products I was assigned to while being insubordinate at GM:

And Miller before you even get started---it was the 1990s and there were lots of unfortunate fashion choices so I don't need any comments about my pink shirt...especially from a guy who's been known to wear tights (not that there's anything wrong with that )

Captain O

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #83 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 PM

Captain O-ring-

Tanks for the picture, no really, tanks! That picture actually explains a lot! Really like the shirt though, pink is a nice color. As judge Smails said in Caddyshack, "I bet you get a free bowl of soup with that shirt." paraphrased just a bit...

You guys are a riot!

Regards,

Steve
post #84 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Junior Charter Member

Cool Jeff & Jeff

Well this is embarrassing. First I start planning the requested Arnold Palmer for da Bat when I realize he (BATTY) can't get "tanked" without the secret ingredient in a John Daly. Second, while attempting to spray out the tea leafs, the HVLP gun clogs because I've used the incorrect Captain ""O"" ring. What am I to do? Back to the drawing board. Wait a minute, or more like 30 min. because of my lack of typing skills, these messages are taking up precious time that I could be out driving the Cobr@! Sunny weather here in Florida.
Irwin
post #85 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:46 PM

Ah....can either of you two Jeff's paint a coupe the same color as that shirt?
post #86 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Junior Charter Member

I had to look, (read a lot but do not post) generally when daBat and JK are involved there is generally lots of humour, along with lots of tips!! Well this one did deliver as well, humour for sure, not so much on the tips. Kudos to the guy who built the car and loved it and what I also wonder is, what was JK looking for when he found it. He must have been looking for something close to it. If you add too much filler is this what happens when you can't sand it down, or will this be the new JK/daBat offering of the FFR coupe and roadster.

Cheers,
Achi

Mark IV FFR 7993 picked up March 30, 2013
Pin drive IRS, 390FE.. 4 years and still a pile of parts, all I need now is time!!
post #87 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Funny you should mention artillery experience considering the products I was assigned to while being insubordinate at GM:

Captain O
Speaking of Tanks, artillery, and insubordination, with a little bit of encouragement, maybe Jeff and Jeff could be talked into trying this. I live far enough away from both of them, so I'm safe.

post #88 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Junior Charter Member

Captain O

Jeff, just wanted to add 2 things; 1) Thanks for the tip on Roadster front alignment specs. Used the specs months ago (forgot to thank you then) with great results. 2) I think the pink shirt looks just fine. The only problem is seeing the fluorescence in the bright sun.
Irwin
post #89 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I like to watch. What's wrong with that???

I just looked because I though the thread was about cheap nasty beer.

MKIV Roadster....FFR7694
3-link Moser, Wilwood brakes, 347, TKO
post #90 of 157 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 PM

I came to look, like slowing down on the highway to look at a crash.....

Mklll, 363 Dart, 4-link, koni, T5-3.73.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement