Factory Five Racing Forum banner

FFmetal.com - Passing the Torch

4K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Bill_VA 
#1 ·
From Linwood:

For over ten years now, I've been blessed to work with such a fine group of people, but now it's time I pass the torch over to someone else to continue the FFmetal legacy. The builders of Factory Five Racing cars are unique and wonderful people, and I'm thankful for the great times we've had. I've chosen Bill Dane (Bill_VA here on the forums) to take over operations. I feel confident that he'll maintain the service and quality you've come to expect these past years.

Bill built his FFR Roadster about 10 years ago and has pretty much every product FFmetal sold then on his car. He is dedicated to providing great products and service at reasonable prices.

Regards, Linwood

From Bill,

Toward the end of 2016, Linwood called and asked if I'd like to take over FFmetal.com. Wow, what an honor! Of course I would. I plan on carrying on with the tradition of providing great products at reasonable prices and great service.

Just like it was for Linwood, it is also very important to me that anyone using FFmetal products are completely satisfied with them. They are manufactured very precisely and are designed to install easily without modification. If you are unhappy, for any reason, I will refund your money, no questions asked, if you return the item to me within 30 days, unmodified and in resalable condition. Thank you for visiting FFMetal.com. Please do not hesitate to call with your questions and comments.

This site is up and running, and current - ready to serve you!

Sincerely,
Bill
703-517-8316

Note to moderators: This is the only posting about FFmetal.com that I'll write. I've talked with Rex about sponsorship. I'm really posting this for both Linwood and I, since his sponsorship is still active. Please PM me if you have questions.

See less See more
#3 ·
Congradulations Bill,

I've got the FFmetals battery box installed on my Mk4. A well made item and was very pleased with its ease of installation.

George

#4 ·
X2 on what George said! Very happy with it! :laugh2:

#5 ·
Congratulations Bill!

Linwood's firewall forward kit was a key element in being able to build my car the way I wanted. I suppose it's become a bit more challenging to add since the introduction of the OHC engine varieties but it always struck me as an ingenious and simple solution to space and structural mounting issues builders encounter as they step off the build manual path!

Having drooled over pictures of your car for years now, I know you will offer the same quality of construction as Linwood.

Cheers,

Sean

#7 ·
Congrats Bill. I plan on ordering the fwd battery box. Any plans of producing the firewall fwd piece again?
JR

#8 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I'd like to, but will require some R&D as FFR has changed their footbox design a bit in the past couple years.

JR, what stage of your build are you in now?

#12 ·
Just planning now. I only have a single car garage currently occupied by a '72 Corvette which I may have a buyer for.
JR

#13 ·
Great News!

I used a bunch of FFMetal parts on my Mark III build. I have always been pleased with the quality and craftsmanship.

Bill,

Good luck with your new endeavor!

Pat

#14 ·
Congrats Bill! I have a couple of FFMetal parts used during the build. I'm so glad I included these parts in the build. I regret not using the forward firewall piece.

#17 ·
Firewall

One of my favorite upgrades is the ffmetal firewall forward kit. Any chance you will be bringing it back? I know there were some challenges with the drivers foot boxes but nothing that can not be worked out. I've sent a few builders your way before I realized it was no longer an option.

Congratulations and thanks for keep these products available.

#18 ·
Actually, I picked up an old MK3 bent firewall from the shop and I'm headed out tomorrow to test fit it on a local guy's MK4 that's under construction. Once I make some edits and get the profile back to the shop, I hope to get some turned around soonly. My goal is to be able to just replace the firewall - the previous MK3 design relied on changing the firewall, the footbox side, and the footbox top.

#19 ·
I got some FFmetal on my mKIV and very was pleased. Glad to hear new builders will be able to have this option continue from another enthusiast.

#20 ·
another happy customer

Linwood thanks for the great products in the past, they always were superior to the pieces supplied by FFR. 10 years now on my car and happy with all the pieces I included.

Bill good luck with new venture heading forward, sounds like you have the energy and vision to keep us excited and incorporating your designs.

Dave

Expanded passenger footbox, thicker firewall, thicker floorpans, trunk storage box.

#22 ·
Got the battery box several years back and love it! I'm looking forward to adding a fan shroud to my build in the near future, any chance you're up for a local pickup from the Stafford area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.