Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Paint Color - Regrets?

26K views 80 replies 56 participants last post by  Bilwil 
#1 ·
Picking the color to have my car painted is nerve racking. My wife and I are trying to decide between two completely different colors.
So, have any of you picked a color, then been so disappointed you changed to something else?
I will follow up with our choice once we make our decision.

Thanks,
Doug

#74 ·
Well, my initial color choices were House of Color Brandywine with white stripes or gloss black with white stripes. The build has taken longer than planned due to "family first" work stoppages. No regrets about that, family is and always first. For Christmas a few years ago, my wonderful wife surprised me with yet another wonderful toy. Bought a new Shelby GT350 off the showroom floor. Guess what color the GT350 is? Yup, Black with white stripes. Think when the Cobra body goes off to paint in just a couple months, it's going to match up with the GT 350. We'll have our own private race team. Yes, my wife IS amazing!

Wheel Vehicle Plant Car Sky

#75 ·
Only regret I had was the Honda dark cherry pearl I chose tends to have brownish tint when the paint is in shadows. One needs to see a good sized spray out where you can see the color in sunlight and in shadow before committing.

#76 ·
I saw this old thread that I started years ago. We went with Redfire Pearl and Wimbledon white stripes. The Bat was my painter and we have had no regrets with our color choice.

#77 ·
No regrets here.
2020 Dodge Electric Blue
Ford Ebony Black
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Ac cobra

Reactions: chris n
#79 ·
When my wife offered to get our car repainted she had one stipulation. No new colors combinations. The original builder used some slightly different (Mopar) colors, but they resemble the classic Guardsman Blue/White.
Navajo Turquoise with pearl white. The paint codes may be the same, but it is much less bass boat now and I still love the combo.

Attachments

Reactions: chris n
#81 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Ac cobra

Jeff Miller painted this for me about 10 years ago and I still love it. Many say there are too many blue cobras but in my mind this was always the color I wanted growing up. No regrets here!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Ac cobra

Reactions: tom welch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.