Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Trouble re-installing driveshaft

733 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Clubcar 
#1 ·
I am installing my new Dart 363. To get the motor mounts to fit the block proper I needed to install 1/2 inch spacers (Thank you Mr. Fortes). Using the same bell housing and transmission. I have the engine and transmission mounts tight and tried to install the driveshaft. I can't get the shaft to slide on. Any help is appreciated.

Glenn

#2 ·
Make sure transmission is out of gear and stab the drive shaft into trans and then turn shaft slowly trying to find a position that will allow the ujoint to slip up and in. If this doesn't work loosen transmission and engine mounts and try forcing assembly in, up, and all around to get enough clearance to get shaft in! If that doesn't work you may have to get shaft shorten. Do a ffr google search on the subject as there is a lot of info on the subject.

#3 ·
You did say "re-installing". So it went on ok once before?

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to chalk this one up to being too tired. After a break in work, which included posting my previous post, I went out and put a jack under the pumpkin and raised the rear end and the axel slid right in. The car was on jack stands and the rear suspension was hanging down increasing the angle. :0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.