Rectangle Tail Lights - Page 2 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
mk351, which lens assembly and which LED bulb are you using?

also, how do you have it setup?
ie:
running lights = upper lens
turn signal = flashing upper lens
brake lights = both lens
?

thanks
I have the Rodworx lights at the beginning of the thread. I have brake and turn on the same lens. Running on the other. My turn switch is set up that way.

FFR #8758 Build Thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 11:54 AM

Finally got a chance to post pics

[IMG][/IMG]

Tony_G thanked this.

FFR #8758 Build Thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:22 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Getting my Rectangle Light Mods tested.

This shows the PentaStar XP Module and how it works.

https://youtu.be/bTTHGzgx4zw

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dave
Greenhorn / A New Experience for Me.
Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels

Purchased 10/7/15; Brought her Home 10/18/15
My photos are at:

Videos are at:

My Build (Learning as I go and poorly organized) Blog @

--------------------------------------------------------------
Loving the Island Life

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Looks good mk351. I haven't been doing much work on the Cobra lately but still going to use these lights. Thanks for sharing how it turned out.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 07:56 PM

Those are definitely bright enough! ...and look nice also.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Hazard Help

OK I finally got around to hooking these lights up to out. They look pretty bright to me. I have a couple of issues though. Tail lights work, Brake lights work, all blinkers work front and back. But the opposite side in the rear has a very dim flash also. The hazards work in the front, but the rear only works if the brakes are on. I have the Ron Francis harness, Russ Thompson turn signal, Trailer converter to make the 3 wire work and a DPST switch for the hazard.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:17 AM
Official OLD GUY
FFCars Captain

Hazard switch

I would suspect the DPST hazard switch . . . not having a "trailer adapter" on mine, I can't say for sure but most "dim on one side" (or the other), is caused by back-feed. A diode or two might be called for, not at all familiar with how the trailer adapter isolates one side from another.

FWIW, the [earlier] trailer adapters are one reason I didn't go that route. The PentaStar module wasn't around when I built mine.

I would disconnect the hazards from the circuit and see if it works normally, then work backwards from there.
Remember, the tail lights are a completely separate circuit and should not have any connections to Brake/TS.

Doc
65_427_COBRA and Tony_G thanked this.

little block, BIG BLOCK . . .
HUMMMMMMM?
FFR3712K (POPSDRM) in Lost Wages, NV.
MKII, 5.0, "Tubular" GT40-EFI, E-303, T5, 17" 5-Lug Chrome Cobra "R's", Nitto 275/315's, PBR 4 wheel Disks, Full Tubular/Coil-Over suspension, 20:1 Flaming River, 3.73's, 3-Link, Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, Custom Footbox Air vents, Extended PS footbox, Custom Turn Signals, Custom 4-into-4 headers, Non-Donor build, Ford Royal Blue Pearl w/ Arctic White stripes.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:03 AM

I had a chance to follow behind my car today in bright sunlight. The Haines Hot Rod LED rectangle lights were not as bright as I had hoped. I also realized just how small these lights are, which probably accounts for the lack of brightness. I'm sure they are as bright as the regular rectangle lights, just pretty darned small from 50 feet away.

MkIV #8661 delivered 8/3/2015 347, stack injection, AFR 195 heads, 516 Horsepower,alloy T5, engine build and dyno 2/18/2016, First start 3/25/2016, Go Cart 4/11/2016, Paint 12/31/2016, Completed 1/25/2017
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Hazards work now!

OK everything is now working like it should. Rear Hazards work and no slight flash on the opposite side when using the blinkers. It was the trailer module that was causing all the problems. I had to buy a different trailer module than what Rodwokx sold me. Had to upgrade to a powered module. I went with the Tekonsha #119148. Came with a fuse and a power wire to run to the battery feed. Hope this may help anyone else trying this setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement