Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Coolant Temp Sensor Location

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JKleiner 
#1 ·
I am have read several posts on where to put the coolant temp sensor. In the pic I see what appears to me to me where it should go. Am I wrong? And of course none of my Allan keys fit to remove it anyways

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Jeff!

#5 ·
Great idea! Tks.

#7 · (Edited)
Well I removed the cap with a 3/8" allan key as I had no bolts with the right size head. Then tried to screw in the temp sensor only to find out it's smaller than the opening, crap! Here I thought I would get one more thing done easy peasy before first start and now I don't have a hole to screw the sensor into. I guess I can look for a larger temp sensor but was truly hoping that the FF one would fit. Also don't want to drill and tap a new hole as I'm concerned with getting metal filings into my engine. Guess it's time to start searching for one.

I guess I can pick up an adapter as an option. Don't know whether any local stores carry them though but will check. I know Summit has them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.