Factory Five Racing Forum banner

The Shop Is Ready

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  first time builder 
#1 ·
Got a call from Don Stewart he will be here at 9:00 AM this coming Friday to unload my Complete Kit Roadster and I have been deligently working on my shop to be able house my kit along with a complete Prestige 427 Windsor, clutch, bell housing, & Tremec 600 tranny. Along with the Pallete of parts!
As you can probably tell I am very excited about getting on with this project!!
Here are a few pics of shop prior to move in.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
While you are waiting for your kit I think you need to clean the shop and get it more organized LOL. Shop looks fantastic and a great place to build a roadster. You need to get a trailer for the Harley as a parts fetcher. Good luck with the build. If the car comes out anything like the shop I am sure it will be top notch.

#8 ·
Excuse me while I wipe drool of my keyboard! I love that shop! A far cry from the one car , one lightbulb garage I built my roadster in!! Very nice!

#13 ·
Excellent build shop. When I see a shop like yours (or Dan's) I always think of the guy back in the early 2000's that built his car in the shipping crate (in the street from memory).

Congratulation on the arrival of the Newest most fun toy in the garage. Keep digging and reading all you can before Friday!

#14 ·
Thanks guys.
The buffers and anything else that makes dust when used is moved to a concreated covered back porch area via the back shop door. The floor is an epoxy covered and clear coated system designed for that purpose.
I have been reading every thread on the forum in preperation for the build. I have some experience as I built a 23 T Bucket roadester with a 48 Ford Flat-head V8 punched 80 over and auto trans. over the last two years! Drove it for about two weeks and a guy stopped me on an outing and offered me more than I thought I would ever get for it so I decided to sell! That's when I decided to do the FFR Roadester! Here are a few pic's of the roadester. I have always wanted to build a Shelby Replica so now is my chance!!

Attachments

#15 ·
Who needs a house when you have a garage like that. If mine looked that good my wife probably would never see me! LOL

Reactions: GL10DR
#21 ·
Looks great!!!!
I also like the C5. I have one sitting next to the roadster.

#27 ·
That makes 3 of us! :001_tt1::001_tt1:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

#23 ·
Not sure about color yet! You can't go wrong with black or dark blues with white stripes and side number buble & car color numbers butttt I might want to do something different as there is so many of the dark blue & black. Also in Texas in the summer it is a very "hot to the touch" combination!

#25 ·
WOW! I do like it. Were the parts done via the transfer process where the parts are lifted thru a film that adheres to the part.

Here's ours:

#29 ·
Mastick
You use your vette as a daily driver?
Bought it to be an occasional driver but once my wife took it a few time she made it her daily driver. I got her hand me down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.