Need help removing wilwood pivot pin - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
FFCars.com Forums Advertisers Build Sites FFR FAQ Gallery

Go Back   FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum > Factory Five Racing Roadsters > Factory Five Roadsters
Register Garage iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

FFcars.com is the premier factory five cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
FFCars Craftsman

Need help removing wilwood pivot pin

I am still going through my clutch issues, and hopefully the new bracket and slave from Mike will sort everything out.

When I was changing my MC (finished car) I screwed up the first three threads or so in the aluminum block at the top of the clutch pedal.

I want to remove the clutch pedal so I can rethread the piece that the MC rod screws into. I pulled the retaining ring off the pivot pin and was able to pull it about 1/3 of the way out. I can't get it to pull out any farther (even with leverage). I have soaked it with PB Blaster for 2 days with no results.

What is it hanging up on? Is there a certain way to remove the pivot pin?

Thanks. I really don't want to remove the body to get above the block and my access panel doesn't really give me enough room to rethread this as I want.
blate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Are you referring to the Fulcrum pin of the clutch pedal or the smaller pin that connect the U shaped block from the MC stud to the top of the pedal?

I actually swapped my leaking MC last night and just popped the C clip off and pushed the smaller pin out towards the sidepipe. I dont believe you need to remove the entire clutch pedal, you can remove just the U shaped piece and thread that to the MC to the desired pedal height/stroke length, etc.

This of course, was all done through the top access panel I cut out, except for the bottom stud nut on the MC.

Thanks,
TW
Tyler Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
FFCars Craftsman

The fulcrum pin is what I'm trying to remove because I feel like I have more access to it.

I may try opening up my access panel. Did you have any difficulty going through the top panel? Do you have a pic of your top panel.

Thanks
Brian
Old 11-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

I did all the work last night through the access panel. Here is a pic of mine, you can look at the top and see the white plastic reservoir for the clutch. All I did was remove the nuts for the reservoir mount, the two for the MC mounting, the braided hose to at the output, and the smaller pin. I pull the MC out with reservoir and U shaped bracket attached. Noted the thread length to give me a reference when I screwed onto the new MC. Getting the Clutch pedal out will be a struggle due to the space constraints.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks, I just need the aluminum block to rethread it. I'll open up my access hole and give it another shot. It just seemed to me that even with a bigger access hole I would still have issues fishing out the aluminum block. Worth a shot though!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
FFCars Craftsman

Well that worked, you just can't see anything you're doing. I recommend an access hole. A little different angle can help.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Having an access hole is key. With the body on, I was able to switch from the cable clutch to Fortes hydraulic system fairly easily. It took a while but no issues.

Chuck
FFR 6624, delivered 05/20/08, Levy Stage 3 (EFI), IRS, 15" PSE GT40 wheels. Whitby paint and finish. Forte's hydraulic clutch activator conversion. Completed and tagged 07/29/2011.
Steak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement