Which Power Steering Rack?? - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
FFCars.com Forums Advertisers Build Sites FFR FAQ Gallery

Go Back   FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum > Factory Five Racing Roadsters > Factory Five Roadsters
Register Garage iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

FFcars.com is the premier factory five cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
DRIVING!!!

Garage
Which Power Steering Rack??

Gentlemen,

Now that I have the FFR manual rack and pinion completely installed and attached and front end complete... I think I would rather have Power steering just for the ease of it. Is it worth it?- if you say MAN ITS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE...Im in... How much work is involved? Which year rack is suggested for the MK4?

The car is not going to the dragstrip, and honestly I dont see myself motocrossing, but I am going to drive the crap out of it!!!

any gear list needed would certainly be appreciated- thanks again gents

FFR 7819, MARK IV, 408 Engine, TKO 600 mid shift, Holley 750 DP, IRS, FFR Halibrand wheels ,
Dual chrome roll bars / bumpers / Polished exhaust, Heater, Cobra seats, 245/45 & 315/35

Received 8 JUN 2012
Roller 20 JUL 2012
Started 10 JUN 2013
Go Cart 01 JUL 2013
Lic Plate 01 Oct 2013
Title 11 JAN 2014

Proud supporter of Forte Parts Connection, Breeze Automotive, Tangent Technologies, FFMETAL
NAVYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
GWL
FFCars Master Craftsman

NavyDude,

Check out Breeze, a supporting vendor to the forum.

Power steering rack. It is a re-manufactured stock rack.
Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

I bought this steering rack and larger Ford bellows from Breeze to fit the rack extensions you'll have to buy from FFR. I also bought the Breeze offset aluminum bushings that both lower the steering rack and allow you to more accurately center it in the chassis.

Offset bushings:
Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

Now you may have to shorten your tie rod. Check out my post#8 here for more detail of what I just noted above:
Power steering/tie rod length?

You'll soon see we find it real easy spending other peoples money.

George

Picked up Mk. 4 Roadster - 3-5-10

'75 Porsche Targa Carrera - Sold
'52 MGTD - Sold
'62 MGA - Sold
GWL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
FFCars Master Craftsman

Not installing power steering is my single regret for my build, completed last fall. I tried to do all the right things during the build -- used the FFR 3.1 rack, Breeze offset bushings, proper front end alignment, etc. But it just drives a little too "heavy" for my liking, and parking takes some muscle. My driving is 100% street cruising. I'm in the process now of gathering the necessary parts. Coincidentally, I selected the same rack from Breeze and combination of parts that George mentioned. I still haven't completely decided how I'm going to power it. Getting a pump on the front of my engine the way it's currently dressed would involve a number of changes including timing cover and water pump, not to mention the pretty expense March pulleys and brackets. I'm leaning towards the Fast Freddies electric steering option, but not 100% sure yet. I see from your sig you haven't decided on your engine yet. You're in a perfect situation to plan for the proper front dress including PS pump. Do it now. You won't regret it.

And while you're at it, think about power brakes too. Even harder to add after the build. That's one decision I did get right, and my brakes work very well.
Build 1: Mk3 #5125. Start: 10/31/2009. New build. 306, AFR 165s, QF SS-650 carb, T5z, PB, Gas-N pipes. Legal 09/28/2011, sold 10/15/2014
Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Deliv: 09/09/2012. New build. Levy 5-link, Wilwood brakes, PS, DART 347 stroker, AFR heads, QF SS-750 carb, TKO600. First start: 02/22/2014. Go-kart: 04/06/2014. Red/white club (again). Build thread: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ss-update.html
edwardb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Charter Member

I'm sure some purists will disagree, but

MAN ITS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pin Drive width, 3.27 IRS, Full Emission 302 EFI w/Trick Flow Top End Kit and ISIS, and lots of ideas stolen from here!
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

MAN ITS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

There are less expensive ways of getting power steering, but this is how I did it, you can read more about it here. Here are some other solutions too.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYDUDE View Post
Gentlemen,

Now that I have the FFR manual rack and pinion completely installed and attached and front end complete... I think I would rather have Power steering just for the ease of it. Is it worth it?- if you say MAN ITS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE...Im in... How much work is involved? Which year rack is suggested for the MK4?

The car is not going to the dragstrip, and honestly I dont see myself motocrossing, but I am going to drive the crap out of it!!!

any gear list needed would certainly be appreciated- thanks again gents
I am still building my car as well and bought the Fast Freddie's set up. It was a very straight foward install especially with some of the posts on this forum from guys that have done the install. I used one of the Autozone racks. A quick search here and you should be able to find the part numbers for them. You do have to buy the rack extenders from FFR and I did not have to cut anything with the extenders installed. The only complaint I have so far with the Freddie's kit is the reservoir bracket. It is rounded on the back so I could find no real good way to mount it. I ended up just having a nice billet alluminum bracket made for it. The billet bracket looks way better and was much easier to mount.
First start 8/30/12
First go cart 8/31/12
Titled July 2013
ajt725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Snake Farmer

Garage
Just buy some weights, and do some arm curls for a few weeks. Won't be long and the non-power steering will feel light as a feather..

Seriously though, I find that the only time I have to muscle on the steering wheel is when parking, or moving very slowly. When out cruising, it's not an issue at all. You may also grow to appreciate the better road feel, that non-power offers. I have a Flaming River 15-1 quick ratio rack, but the 20-1 ratio is easier.
AC Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
FFCars Master Craftsman

PS or not is one of the most widely debated topics on this forum. There's no right answer, and each builder has to decide what is best for them. Having said that, I think the main debate is whether to add it. I haven't read a single thread in nearly three years where someone was sorry they added and removed it. But I agree it is possible to overboost. There are ways to adjust the boost to get the right amount.

One other point, I'm adding PS not just for the reduced effort, but so I can dial more castor into the front alignment. My Mk3 holds the road well, but I'm looking for a little more and by all accounts the added castor makes a difference.
Build 1: Mk3 #5125. Start: 10/31/2009. New build. 306, AFR 165s, QF SS-650 carb, T5z, PB, Gas-N pipes. Legal 09/28/2011, sold 10/15/2014
Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Deliv: 09/09/2012. New build. Levy 5-link, Wilwood brakes, PS, DART 347 stroker, AFR heads, QF SS-750 carb, TKO600. First start: 02/22/2014. Go-kart: 04/06/2014. Red/white club (again). Build thread: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ss-update.html
Old 06-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_VA View Post
MAN ITS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

There are less expensive ways of getting power steering, but this is how I did it, you can read more about it here. Here are some other solutions too.

I've never been turned on by a power steering pump before. WOW!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
FFCobra Master Craftsman

I purchased a Unisteer rack from Breeze, along with the proper u-joint setup....
My pump came off of an GM import, that I found in a bone yard, along with the reservoir and hoses....I think I paid $25 for the pump/hoses...
That was after I had driven the car for 2 years with the un-powered Mustang rack, and another 2 years with a Flaming River 18-1 rack....
Been driving the power steering for 5 years, now, and I love it....I also added a vacuum brake booster from an old import, at the same time....Both , together , make it a different car!
Don't hesitate, do it.
Edward

Last edited by Mr. Barry; 06-30-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Mr. Barry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Power steering

My vote is Yea, especially if you are only going to drive it on the street. That's when you need it the most. You can add more caster when you have PS and that makes the car track better in a straight line. Mike Forte sells a Ford AC eliminator bracket that makes it easy to put a stock Mustang PS system in and you can cut the pressure spring if it is too much boost. It doesn't have a big bling factor, but it works well. I did use a small cooler and -6 AN teflon lines but you can get a hydraulic shop to make up some PS hoses to fit.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (235.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg POWER STEERING COOLER 001.jpg (248.8 KB, 53 views)
FFR Challenge car #4182SP Carbed 302, Holley 600CFM, E303 cam, T5, 3 link rear-3:55, Levy wheels, Kumho tires, Fire Safe fuel cell, Griffin race radiator, ISIS wiring system, MSD 6ALN NASCAR ignition, 85 Mustang distributor,
ROADRACER83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Joe
Senior Mem / Moderator

You'll always have some people saying you don't need it, but you don't very often hear from people saying they wish they had installed manual instead of power..

FFR MKIII Roadster #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
GT40P-Heads, 3-link 3.55 gears, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

GRADUATION THREAD LINK

BUILD VIDEO!!
First Start Video - May 26th, 2008
Go Cart Video
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
DRIVING!!!

Garage
Thanks very much fellas... I appreciate all the advice. I think Im going through with it.

FFR 7819, MARK IV, 408 Engine, TKO 600 mid shift, Holley 750 DP, IRS, FFR Halibrand wheels ,
Dual chrome roll bars / bumpers / Polished exhaust, Heater, Cobra seats, 245/45 & 315/35

Received 8 JUN 2012
Roller 20 JUL 2012
Started 10 JUN 2013
Go Cart 01 JUL 2013
Lic Plate 01 Oct 2013
Title 11 JAN 2014

Proud supporter of Forte Parts Connection, Breeze Automotive, Tangent Technologies, FFMETAL
NAVYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Out of Time

+1 for Freddies power steering kit.

Easy to install, first class parts, variable assist, and full power steering without starting the car.
MK4 #7201
347 Stroker - TKO600 mid-shift - 3.27 - IRS - Fred's PS

Delivered 3/25/10
Go-Kart 5/28/11
On The Road 6/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraDVM View Post
The F5 is an entry level kit, not a high end kit - don't expect perfection.

HIRISC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Out of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt725 View Post
I am still building my car as well and bought the Fast Freddie's set up...... The only complaint I have so far with the Freddie's kit is the reservoir bracket. It is rounded on the back so I could find no real good way to mount it. I ended up just having a nice billet alluminum bracket made for it. The billet bracket looks way better and was much easier to mount.
I wonder when he changed that bracket? Mine was flat-backed for easy mounting on the F panel:

MK4 #7201
347 Stroker - TKO600 mid-shift - 3.27 - IRS - Fred's PS

Delivered 3/25/10
Go-Kart 5/28/11
On The Road 6/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraDVM View Post
The F5 is an entry level kit, not a high end kit - don't expect perfection.

HIRISC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Not sure but the bracket that I got with the kit looked nothing like what you have. My billet one looks similar to yours though and I mounted it in the same spot as you did. The rounded back bracket is useless for these cars in my opinion. I really like the overall set up of the Freddie's kit though!!
First start 8/30/12
First go cart 8/31/12
Titled July 2013
ajt725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

With every intention of re-hijacking this thread (if that's a term)...

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for a steering rack (probably 2.5-3 turns lock-to-lock) to use with the Fast Freddie's setup. I would really prefer not to use a remanufactured part (or deal with the numb skulls at autozone) if I could avoid it. I would also like plug-and-play simplicity, not requiring parts to be replaced or swapped out as soon as it comes out of the box. I checked Breeze and all I saw were 3 turns or higher and/or remanufactures.

Basically, what options are there for a new rack in 2.5-3.0 turns that doesn't need any work before it goes in the car?

Bonus question: What is the equivalency of ratio to turns? i.e. 2.5 turns = 16:1 or what???
JeepFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
FFCars Master Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFlyer View Post
With every intention of re-hijacking this thread (if that's a term)...

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for a steering rack (probably 2.5-3 turns lock-to-lock) to use with the Fast Freddie's setup. I would really prefer not to use a remanufactured part (or deal with the numb skulls at autozone) if I could avoid it. I would also like plug-and-play simplicity, not requiring parts to be replaced or swapped out as soon as it comes out of the box. I checked Breeze and all I saw were 3 turns or higher and/or remanufactures.

Basically, what options are there for a new rack in 2.5-3.0 turns that doesn't need any work before it goes in the car?

Bonus question: What is the equivalency of ratio to turns? i.e. 2.5 turns = 16:1 or what???
Also going through this, as mentioned in an earlier post. I too researched the available rack options. AGR and Flaming Riving have options for new. AGR has specific units for Cobra replicas. 712591 (15:1) and 711091 (20:1) but are >$400 and several reports of them leaking if you don't use a lower pressure pump. Bottom line if you want new just be prepared to spend more. I just received the Unisteer 3.0 turn unit from Mark at Breeze last week. Yes, it's remanufactured, but from appearance seems a quality unit. It's very nicely silver powder coated. I took the boots off to add the FFR rack extenders (something you should consider in any case) and all looks perfect. I think it's a good middle of the road approach.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
FFCars Craftsman

I have the AGR saginaw type pump and the AGR power rack that is specially tuned for the FFR Cobra. I am using the KRC mounting bracket and Canton V belt pulleys. I could not be more happy with the feel. Firm with good feedback but power assist at slow speeds and in the parking lot. No twitchyness at highway speeds. I also have the SAI Mod which also plays into the road-ability.

Jack
Judged Best In Class; Production Road Racer at World Of Wheels Chicago 2013. Ford BOSS 347 short block, Dart Al heads.. 360 RWHP, T-5 Z, IRS W/ Detroit Truetrac & 3.73s, SN95 spindles w/SAI mod, 99 PBR brakes, AGR Power Steering, and a Load of engineering changes. Graduation Post #22 http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...fr-5773-a.html
Jack Wojack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Another option is a reman rack from Autozone. You can get Sport, GT or Standard ratio (recommended). Attractively priced and you can take it back if there's a problem. Same with the pump.
Frank
Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
*** CAD Librarian ***
FFCars Lieutenant Colonel

Frank is correct, the reman from Autozone is cash-back. mine leaked and i sprung for the Breeze unit. much better quality out of the box.

if you go the AGR / OEM mustang GT route, be sure to do the cut spring mod, it's free, and reduces the assist of the pump, which is made for a heavier car.

Power Steering Mod - Fell in love with my Mark 4

Glamour Shots

FREE Fender Spat Template & a few useful CAD files for everyone, click here!

Early MK3 complete not without the loving help of Paul Mastroianni a.k.a. Cannonball Cobra...5-15-10 ..R.I.P....

NiceGuyEddie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
Frank is correct, the reman from Autozone is cash-back. mine leaked and i sprung for the Breeze unit. much better quality out of the box.

if you go the AGR / OEM mustang GT route, be sure to do the cut spring mod, it's free, and reduces the assist of the pump, which is made for a heavier car.

Power Steering Mod - Fell in love with my Mark 4
Be careful about cutting that spring too much especially if you are running Hydraboost, if the pressure is too low you may be eliminating power brakes.
CLASS OF 2009 # 79 FFR MK 3.1, # 6898, Complete kit arrived 02/07/09, roller 03/30/09, first start 07/14/09, Registered 10/14/09, PPG Orange Glow over Sterling silver, Dart aluminum 427W (445 rwhp), stack fuel injection,on board fire supression,Front Runner Serp system, TKO 600 mid shift mod, ISIS system, Hydroboost brakes with Willwood pedals, PS, A/C, IRS, Griggs racing front suspension, Foot box mods both sides,Dark Water splitter,dead pedal,glove box. (where's my publisher) Lots o Goodies

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

http://photobucket.com/rscocca
rscocca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
QSL
Stealth Ninja FFR builder
FFCars Master Craftsman

My plan of attack on our build has been "Only change the things you know for sure you want to change"

To me, power steering and power brakes were an unknown. I did not want to "upgade" something that perhaps did not need "upgrading". Besides, how do you know its an upgrade if you dont have a baseline to compare it with. So with that in mind, i went manual steering and brakes (willwoods). So far with my very limited driving time, i am EXTREMELY pleased with both. They feel great to me. Even my wife can turn the car at a stop OK.

A final note... My goal was to make a muscle car. I did not want the same feel and driving experience i have in ANY of my newer cars. For me, no power works great. In the end, dont listen to anyone here. You know what you want down in your gut. Build the car for you.
427w ford racing, stainless headers, 3link, tko600, 3.55 gears, Jim Inglese weber intake system and a custom paint job from Jeff Miller!

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13
Build thread: HERE
347 w. stack injection, IRS, Levy arms, Levy front and rear brakes
QSL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
FFCobra Craftsman

DO PS !!! You will be glad you did. I used the Breeze 3.0 turns rack (bought it in 07) and am VERY happy w/ it. OTOH, i autocross w/ Fred and he has had very good success w/ autozone racks and he isn't trying to sell me anything. About 2-3 times per year I wish it was faster when there is a 4-5 point autocross slalom but otherwise it's perfect. I did the FFR 3.o turns manual rack and was not happy. I just don't think there is any reason to have to work or plan ahead to make a turn in your car. I think that there may be a need someday to make a quick reaction turn and, w/ a manual rack, not be quick enough.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
FFCars Master Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSL View Post
My plan of attack on our build has been "Only change the things you know for sure you want to change"

To me, power steering and power brakes were an unknown. I did not want to "upgade" something that perhaps did not need "upgrading". Besides, how do you know its an upgrade if you dont have a baseline to compare it with. So with that in mind, i went manual steering and brakes (willwoods). So far with my very limited driving time, i am EXTREMELY pleased with both. They feel great to me. Even my wife can turn the car at a stop OK.

A final note... My goal was to make a muscle car. I did not want the same feel and driving experience i have in ANY of my newer cars. For me, no power works great. In the end, dont listen to anyone here. You know what you want down in your gut. Build the car for you.
I could have written these paragraphs a couple of years ago when I did my build. I too thought manual steering suited the car and my design goals. Plus was trying to keep things as simple as possible while trying to manage the budget. After the first few hundred miles, I was happy with everything except starting to have my doubts about the steering. At 1000 miles, and after a few longer cruises, more doubts. At 1200 miles (now) I'm gathering parts to add PS this winter. Not questioning that you're making the right choice based on what you know now, and I couldn't agree more, build the car for you. But just saying you may not feel quite so sure once you're on the road for real.

And just for record, I guarantee driving your Roadster will be nothing like any of your modern cars, with or without PS.

Last edited by edwardb; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
FFCobra Master Craftsman

I lulled myself into believing that the car would be best left with manual steering and brakes...I did that for the first four years....I didn't realize how bad things were until I made the change to all power.....Such an unbelievable difference, that I still can't believe it, after 5 years....And , no, it will never feel like the family sedan, I guarantee it!
Edward
Mr. Barry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Not a waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYDUDE View Post
any gear list needed would certainly be appreciated
Stick with OEM components and it will work flawlessly. You'll need to swap out the splined adapter on the steering shaft to mate with the power rack (the proper one should have been included with your kit, and in fact was probably installed on the shaft when you got it).

For a street car I recommend the 3 turn steering rack. Here's what you need:

Autozone:
6383 Power steering pump $48.99
6406 Rack and pinion $74.99

CFR Performance:
HZ-4306-POL P.S. Bracket $55.99
HZ-02011-M P.S. Pulley $39.99

Breeze:
75016 & 21514 P.S. fittings $39.00
21102 Braided Teflon hose (4 ft) $19.60

Plus a belt to match the rest of your setup. If you find that you want a little less assist trim the pressure relief spring in the pump.

Sell your FFR rack in the classifieds here for ~$125 making a total upgrade cost of under two hundred bucks.

Cheers,
Jeff
Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text
Sorry...order got a little jumbled when Kodak Gallery migrated to Shutterfly

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread
Mk4 Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread
Mk4 Bodywork & paint thread
JKleiner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
FFCobra Fanatic
FFCars Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKleiner View Post
Stick with OEM components and it will work flawlessly. You'll need to swap out the splined adapter on the steering shaft to mate with the power rack (the proper one should have been included with your kit, and in fact was probably installed on the shaft when you got it).

For a street car I recommend the 3 turn steering rack. Here's what you need:

Autozone:
6383 Power steering pump $48.99
6406 Rack and pinion $74.99

CFR Performance:
HZ-4306-POL P.S. Bracket $55.99
HZ-02011-M P.S. Pulley $39.99

Breeze:
75016 & 21514 P.S. fittings $39.00
21102 Braided Teflon hose (4 ft) $19.60

Plus a belt to match the rest of your setup. If you find that you want a little less assist trim the pressure relief spring in the pump.

Sell your FFR rack in the classifieds here for ~$125 making a total upgrade cost of under two hundred bucks.

Cheers,
Jeff
WOW!!!

THat is some great information.... THANKS

All I need now is if you can install it, along with the SAI kit?

BOSS 302 8.2" Vortec S/C 15 pounds, TKO 600 487RWHP, 465RWTQ,
FFR FOR SALE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUK...layer_embedded

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cobra 302 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
FFCobra Fanatic
FFCars Major

One thing I did notice on the aftermarket pumps.

You have to be careful on the pump speed.

For example cast iron KRC pump MAX speed is 5500.
ALUM was 9000.

I have a 6.000" crank pulley and with a 5.000" that would be 7560 at 6300 RPMS engine speed.

This may not apply to the street but autocrossing can reach that a few times, just food for thought.

How would a stock pump react???

BOSS 302 8.2" Vortec S/C 15 pounds, TKO 600 487RWHP, 465RWTQ,
FFR FOR SALE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUK...layer_embedded

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cobra 302 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Icon18

So now the real question, hydroboost brakes???
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. -- Heinlein again.
Bullitt1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement