Mikes side pipe heat shield photos - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
FFCars.com Forums Advertisers Build Sites FFR FAQ Gallery

Go Back   FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum > Factory Five Racing Roadsters > Factory Five Roadsters
Register Garage iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

FFcars.com is the premier factory five cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mikes side pipe heat shield photos

anyone got some good photos of the DrummerMike ceramic coated stainless shields on chrome side pipes? I've been searching but can't find any good side shots. I want to see how the contrast of chrome/ceramic looks-thanks

Bob
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Here's my car: (Sorry, not CHROME pipes )

I would think if you were looking for a better match for chrome, you could either get them chromed or if matching stainless sidepipes, simply polish them to match (they are stainless steel after all).

Sean
Mk III partial SN95 donor, 351W stroked & poked to 396 c.i., custom EFI, 4 into 4's, 3link, 3.73, chrome FR500's, full bumpers, 2 X roll bars, IČ electronics, hydroboost, 5-lug, GT front, MK VIII/Cobra rear discs, painted by SRP, (fully) legal and driving! Graduating...?
canuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Craftsman

Though not chrome or stainless, they are DrummerMike's ceramic coated heat shields.
Mk3, 340 HP 302 FRPP Crate Engine w/ Mass Flo Fuel Injection, 4x4 Headers, 3-link, 3:55:1, manual 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 15" GT-40 Hallibrand Replica Wheels,...blah, blah, blah.
TroyT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

A few questions for those with these heat shields. How effective are they, would they prevent a snake bite? How can I get them?

Thanks!
33FordFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33FordFan View Post
A few questions for those with these heat shields. How effective are they, would they prevent a snake bite? How can I get them?

Thanks!
Mine are very effective (ceramic coating helps too).

They still get hot though. Just not nearly as likely to burn you as the bare pipes. Generally if you brush your legs up against the shields after a long run it will feel warm enough to make you want to move your leg, but no burn of any kind.

Contact this guy if you want to find out how to get some. I think he knows something about them:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/members/456-drummermike.html

Sean
Mk III partial SN95 donor, 351W stroked & poked to 396 c.i., custom EFI, 4 into 4's, 3link, 3.73, chrome FR500's, full bumpers, 2 X roll bars, IČ electronics, hydroboost, 5-lug, GT front, MK VIII/Cobra rear discs, painted by SRP, (fully) legal and driving! Graduating...?
canuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Go to this link for photos
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthr...t+heat+shields

Bob Mac
Bob McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

thanks Bob M. but that link does not work-

Bob
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Sorry, try this link,
Looks like when I cut and paste the link the whole link does not appear on the post.????? When I go to edit the post it shows up? Don't understand???

GO TO to search on the tool bar for , type in "exhaust heat shields", and scroll down to second to last post on page one (posted by Neil)

Bob Mac
Old 04-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Bob, but when I clicked on the link it took me to Caterpiller's Website. Then when I came back to your post again, the link was no longer there. It seems that the aggressive advertising links that mysteriously become imbedded within posts these days are making it much less pleasurable to be on this site. I think my days of frequenting this site may be coming to an end......
ckllpc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Shields

I've driven with mike's shields for about 600 miles. When parked at idle they get very warm - some would say hot- to the touch and you don't want To keep your hand there but it won't bite (burn) you. When driving and you come to a stop several times I've reached down to touch them and they are only warm and I could keep my hand down there. I really like them. Mine are chrome. They were very easy to install.
FFR 7079 Mk3.1 Complete Kit, Ford Racing 302, E303 cam, w/ ~340HP, 3-Link, Powerjection III EFI w/spark control, T5, 3.73, PS, Kirkey seats, Heater/Defroster, Seat Heaters, Earl's Vents, Mike's heat shields, Herb's door panels, Dark Water Splash Guards, Cab Cover by Piggyback, Finishline seat belt cross-member, Whitby's soft top, custom car cover by carcoverworld, Whitby's Grabber Blue paint, FFR Cats, Breeze Quitepipes on the way, and so much more to go :D
Sapper 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I'll repost the pictures to night from my home computer of my exhaust shields and insulation I installed which keeps them cool to the touch eve after a hard morning drive.

in the mean time try going to tool bar search
exhaust heat shields
Neils post
then mine
Bob Mac

Last edited by Bob McLaughlin; 04-07-2011 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

here are the photos

I just bought some stainless steel exhaust heat shields from Mike Francuck, forum member.To help improve the thermal resistivity I glued on some "Thermo-Tec" heat barrier from Summit on the back side. I first cut the material inside the parmiter of the shield, then masked off the edges and the attachind supports before spraying the glue on the metal. I also sprayed glue on th thermal sheet and placed it on the metal immediately so I could slide it under the attaching supports.(you only get one shot when it's dry as you all know).
I tried polishing the sheilds my self, using about 6 grades of paper followed with polish, however doing stainless steel was significantly more difficult than I was used to compared to my aluminum polishing experience. After 3 hours I declared "UNCLE" and brought them to my local Metal Polisher, who did them right for a good price at only one hour of labor each. (I guess I could have choosen a better back ground for the photos). Here are a couple of photos of the shields before and after I installed them. I love Mike's product, very nice workmanship, beautiful product!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement