Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Another A/C question.

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TXBLU 
#1 ·
I read the thread about tops and air conditioning for these little monsters, and I really like the idea of air conditioning, even if I don't put some kind of top on my car. I also like the idea of a complete kit that gives you air plus heat and defrost.

What I was wondering was, has anybody installed one of the Quality Roadsters kits with an FFMetal extended firewall? I already have the extended firewall and I'm concerned about how much clearance I'll have between the a/c-heater unit and my yet to be ordered 427W.

If anyone knows whether or not this will work, I would greatly appreciate the benefit of your experience. I suppose I could modify the firewall to move the unit back towards the original firewall location, but I have so many other details to finalize, I'm struggling to keep to my build schedule! (sound familiar to anyone?)

Thanks guys!

Eric

Thanks guys!

Eric

#2 ·
OK, since it looks like I'm going to be the first one to do this, was is the clearance between the a/c unit and the engine with the standard firewall and a Windsor small-block?

If I'm going to modify the extended firewall, I want to hide the a/c unit as much as possible. Any help will be much appreciated.

Eric

#7 ·
Eric,

Here is my post from April 2008 regarding A/C using North Race Car's unit and the Firewall Forward on Roadster #5974. Brian included some good progress photos too.

Regarding "hiding of the unit" once the body is on the plenum is covered by the car body. The only way someone knows you have AC is by noticing the compressor or the evaporator. Anyhow, the recommended install instructions from Richard provide a clean look.

Suggest talking to Richard Oben about using a 427 with his A/C unit--he is very helpful.

Good Luck, Nate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.