Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Door Stop Mechanism

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  irapilot 
#1 ·
I used a bolt in the door mount as a door stop but it didn't allow the door to open far enough. I mentioned it to my son and he said he would come up with something. Did not expect this ------

The first picture shows the mechanism with the door closed. The second picture shows the door full open. The third picture shows the mechanism with the door full open

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I suggested to him that I expected there would be interest. I don't know if he can produce them at a price that will be of interest. I'll ask him and post a reply.

The color I used is Ruby Red (slightly modified)
used by Ford and others I think.

#6 ·
Interested

#11 ·
The doorstop mechanism is installed by simply removing the hard top (if you are using one) and removing the waterfall. It requires drilling and tapping approx. 4 holes (ea. side). I was laid up the day he installed them so I didn't get a chance to watch.

Once number one son arrives at a selling price and there is still interest I'll post some installation photos.

#12 ·
Very cool, I wish I could fabricate like that. Nice work. I am not interested as mine is finished and I am not taking those damn doors apart again.

#19 ·
Want to apologize to all who had an interest in the door stop mechanism. I had a fall last year and was laid for a while. I just made a short video on my cell phone in case anyone is interested in seeing it in operation. Just text me at 5037505501 with your iPhone number and I will send it to you in a message. Unable to attach to this posting $225.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.