Just submitted my info for the recall.
The confirmation screen says to remove your shock absorbers, send them in, and THEN they will mail you a new set. Realistically that means your car will be on blocks for 2-3 weeks (UPS ground both ways + processing time). Blahh...not exactly digging this process, I'd rather have the new set to install as I take out the old ones.
There was some mention of "expedited shipping", I might call and see what type of deal I can workout.
---- Confirmation Page ----
We appreciate your help by submitting your product information. Your KONI shock absorbers ARE INCLUDED in our safety recall. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE. Follow the below procedure for the most timely replacement of your product.
- Do not drive your vehicle.
- Remove the shock absorbers from your vehicle.
*Shortly after this correspondence you will receive an additional e-mail with UPS shipping instructions and a printable pre-paid shipping label
- Return the defective product to KONI as soon as possible utilizing the provided shipping label. You will receive an email notification once the product is received.
- KONI will replace your defective product within 1 to 2 business days of receipt. Upon shipment you will receive email notification.
- Your name will be removed from the correspondence list once your product has been replaced.
Should you require any additional information regarding this procedure please contact a customer service representative at 1-800-209-3350 between 8:30am and 5:30pm EST, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
KONI North America