September Photo of the Month - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
FFCars.com Forums Advertisers Build Sites FFR FAQ Gallery

Go Back   FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum > Help and Forum Feedback > FFCars.com News
Register Garage iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

FFcars.com is the premier factory five cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

September Photo of the Month

Congratulations to Skip Baker and his FFR MK3

Skip Says: "Photo taken in front of a B-17 bomber at the Boeing Museum of Flight. Started the build in spring of 2009. Worked on it in the evenings and weekends. After licensing I put over 4,000 miles on the car before finally getting the paint finished. I did all the work except for the actual final painting and engine block machine work. Licensed as a 1965 replica with original 1964 Washington State license plate thanks to SB-5585 law passed in October 2011."

Details: FFR #6769, Ford 302 (+.030 = 306), Ford Racing X303 cam, AFR 165cc heads, Massflow EFI #30 injectors, alloy 1.6 roller rockers, leather seats, custom console, DVD player with view camera hidden in license plate frame, deluxe convertible top (camera really helps with blind spots), heater, fresh air in foot boxes, Fat Mat sound and heat insulation, Paint is 2010 Ford Sterling Silver Gray/Black stripes, Shelby GT-500 super snake aluminum hood vents, 17 wheels, 315/245 tires, 10th anniversary ford racing breaks, 1990 Thunderbird IRS with 323 gears, Tremic T5 with short throw shifter.

Last edited by 2FAST4U; 09-05-2012 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: Typo
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
FFCars Master Craftsman

Great looking car, and well deserving of POM.

Not to quibble, but that's a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress in the picture, not a B-47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Congratulations to Skip Baker and his FFR MK3

Skip Says: "Photo taken in front of a B-47 bomber at the Boeing Museum of Flight. Started the build in spring of 2009. Worked on it in the evenings and weekends. After licensing I put over 4,000 miles on the car before finally getting the paint finished. I did all the work except for the actual final painting and engine block machine work. Licensed as a 1965 replica with original 1964 Washington State license plate thanks to SB-5585 law passed in October 2011."

Details: FFR #6769, Ford 302 (+.030 = 306), Ford Racing X303 cam, AFR 165cc heads, Massflow EFI #30 injectors, alloy 1.6 roller rockers, leather seats, custom console, DVD player with view camera hidden in license plate frame, deluxe convertible top (camera really helps with blind spots), heater, fresh air in foot boxes, Fat Mat sound and heat insulation, Paint is 2010 Ford Sterling Silver Gray/Black stripes, Shelby GT-500 super snake aluminum hood vents, 17” wheels, 315/245 tires, 10th anniversary ford racing breaks, 1990 Thunderbird IRS with 323 gears, Tremic T5 with short throw shifter.
Build 1: Mk3 #5125. Start: 10/31/2009. New build. 306, AFR 165s, QF SS-650 carb, T5z, PB, Gas-N pipes. Red/white club, legal 09/28/2011.
Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Deliv: 09/09/2012. New build. Levy 5-link, Wilwood brakes, PS, DART 347 stroker, AFR heads, QF SS-750 carb, TKO600. First start: 02/22/2014. Go-kart: 04/06/2014. Color? Stay tuned. Build thread: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ss-update.html
edwardb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Great looking car, and well deserving of POM.

Not to quibble, but that's a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress in the picture, not a B-47.
You are correct! That text was sent with another photo with the B-47 behind it. The B-47 was in service during the same time as the original Cobra's where being sold. They selected a better photo but didn't catch the B-17F plane in the background.
skipbaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Beautiful car! Congrats!!

I fixed the typo
FFR 7991 - becoming a 289 FIA with a Mr. Bruce body, 331, Webers, T-5, IRS, Vintage Wheels pin drive wheels, and Goodyear billboards
http://www.bills289fia.com

Last edited by 2FAST4U; 09-05-2012 at 02:58 AM..
2FAST4U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Finally finished?

Great pic and car.

Otis
otis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Very nice Skip!
I visit there fairly often, especially when I'm working at the Boeing Military Flight Center right next door. I'm usually working just up the street.

Hopefully you'll make it out to my Cobra gathering on the 29th of this month.

Doug

Arrival: 11/26/06 (My Birthday) Roller: 4/20/08 First Start & Gokart: 10/18/08 Body back on for the first time since delivery: 1/18/09 Registered: April 2010 Graduation: When it's finished!
Stinson Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Don Wright - Tangent Kits

Congrats on POM, love that color. Nice light kit too!

all the best, Don

I don't like that bartender, he always waits until my third margarita to begin mixing them perfectly.

". . . only try to realize the truth, there is no spoon."

Don Wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson Pilot View Post
Very nice Skip!
I visit there fairly often, especially when I'm working at the Boeing Military Flight Center right next door. I'm usually working just up the street.

Hopefully you'll make it out to my Cobra gathering on the 29th of this month.
I'm planning on attending. I work across the street. We can visit more on Saturday.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Wright View Post
Congrats on POM, love that color. Nice light kit too!

all the best, Don
I also have your roll bar kit. I recomend both.

Skip
Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Skip, looks fantastic. Do you have some more pictures, and would you mind sharing your paint colours? That is precisely the look I'm shooting for (black on grey). Absolutely beautiful.

Update: found your build thread and looked through your build photos. Very impressive! Would still love to know the paint colors...

Last edited by GTA Cobra; 10-19-2012 at 05:44 PM..
GTA Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement